– WHO ARE LENNIE VARVARIDES AND KAZIMIR BIELECKI?
– We are DYSPLA, an award-winning art studio producing and developing the work of dyslexic + neurodivergent story makers. We’re currently funded by the Arts Council England and an associate artist at the New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth. We work internationally in film, immersive theatre, installation & digital art. Incorporated in 2013 to shed light on Dyslexic Narrative and the Dyslexic Aesthetic, DYSPLA is at the forefront of neurodivergent creativity. SEE MORE HERE: dyspla.com
– THE SYNOPSIS OF YOUR SUBMISSION?
heyBEA_ features a married genderfluid couple, Jorja and Jax James, kissing set to an interview with right-wing commentator Faith Goldy. In this film, we ask the question, how free are we when we’re not free to think? ‘no-platforming’ and refusing to allow people to air their views, thoughts, and instincts can lead to damage to an individual’s mental health and societal devastation.
– A METAMODERNISM & DYSPLA_heyBEA
Acceptance of one’s political tropes is an easy way to live. Unquestioning and safe. Defined by Metamodernism, like many people, we’ve started to look beyond our childhood programming and re-evaluate our moral positioning. This film opens a delicate but essential debate about freedom of speech. The calls for no-platforming and the accusations of poisonous hate speech counter our democratic liberties and in recent times have to lead to dangerous results.
– LENNIE VARVARIDES AND KAZIMIR BIELECKI RUN DYSPLA INTERNATIONAL MOVING IMAGE FESTIVAL, WHAT AND WHEN IS IT ABOUT?
DIMIF ( DYSPLA INTERNATIONAL MOVING IMAGE FESTIVAL ), with the support of Arts Council England, will exhibit the work of over 20 dyslexic and neurodivergent filmmakers from 14 -18th March 2018 at The Crypt Gallery in King’s Cross, London. Do not miss your opportunity to participate in the first-ever neurodivergent moving image festival that investigates the concept of the ‘Dyslexic Aesthetic.’
FOR MORE INFO CLICK BELOW